Courtesy of Kate Payne
Photography by Jo Ann Santangelo
Yields 1 8-oz cocktail
I grow nasturtiums both in porch pots and in our garden. My success, proven by the proliferation of peppery-flavored orange and yellow flowers, has inspired me to extend their utility to more applications beyond salads, garnishes or infused vinegars.
For 1 people ()
- 2 Nasturtium Flowers, plus some for garnish
- 2 ounce(s) Vodka
- ounce(s) Lemon Spice Syrup (recipe in edibleaustin.com database) or Simple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon(s) St. Germain liqueur
- Club Soda
Nasturtium Zinger Directions
- Muddle the flowers with the vodka in a shaker.
- Add ice, simple syrup and the St. Germain.
- Shake and pour into a glass and top off with club soda.
- Stir gently to incorporate the soda, then garnish with a flower and lemon twist.